View count: 9034
Borrowing and Returning
Special collection books, hardcover books, maps, reference books, newspapers, periodicals, reference CDs/DVDs, teacher-assigned textbooks, display books and non-circulating thesis are limited for use within the library.
（1）FGU faculty, staff, and students can use FGU university ID card to borrow books from the library.
（2）FGU Alumni, continuing education students, credit students, library volunteers, and community members (the general public aged 12 and above) can use library borrower's card to borrow books from the library.（Applying for Library Cards）。
2. Borrowing Privileges:
|Status||Total No. of Items||Loan Period (days)|
|Postdoctoral Researchers / Ph.D. Program Students||50||60|
|Master's program Students||40||30|
3. Special collection books, hardcover books, maps, reference books, newspapers, periodicals, reference CDs/DVDs, teacher-assigned textbooks, display books and non-circulating thesis are limited for use within the library.
2. The return box:
（1）Borrowers can drop their books in the return box located at the entrance of the Main library when the library is closed.
（2）DO NOT put audiovisual materials, CDs/DVDs, large-format books, and non-FGU Library's collection into the book drops.
（3）Books put into the book drop will be processed on the next working day, and the return date will be recorded as the date prior to the day processed.
（4）Please remember to check the records on My Account after returning.
2. After making a reservation, upon receiving the "Reservation Available for Borrowing Notification," visitors should complete the borrowing procedure at the library within 7 days.
3. If you have received the "Reservation Available for Borrowing Notification" and do not need the materials within seven days, you must cancel the reservation by accessing your personal borrowing record.
4. Not collecting collect reserved materials by the due date may result in the cancellation of the reservation, and it will be considered a "reservation violation." If there are two instances of "reservation violation" in one semester, reservation privileges will be suspended for 30 days.
2. Special materials: For each per day an item is overdue, a fine of 10 NTD will be imposed, accumulating accordingly. The maximum fine per item is 1,000 NTD.
3. For detailed calculation methods, please refer to the "Fo Guang University Library General Material Borrowing Period and Overdue Day Calculation Regulations."
- Damage & Lost
2. If items are damaged or lost, you will be responsible for compensation. Please inform the library and complete the compensation procedure within 30 days; otherwise, overdue fees will still be charged.
3. Compensation by cash
(1) For items with identifiable prices, the compensation shall be set at 3 times the fixed price. (The fixed price of materials published in Mainland China shall be converted into New Taiwan dollars, and the amount multiplied by 5 times. For journals, each issue is priced at 6 times the annual contracted price for the purchase year, payable in cash.)
(2) For items with unavailable pricing, charges are calculated based on the number of pages. Domestic materials are priced at $5 NTD/page, while foreign materials are priced at $10 NTD/page.
(3) If the catalog price is unavailable, the compensation fee is charged according to the following rules: Chinese books $1,000 NTD/item, foreign language books $3,000 NTD/item, Non-book Materials $3,000 NTD/item, Domestic Gift Journals $500 NTD/item, and Foreign Gift Journals $500 NTD/item.
(4) In the scenario where one volume of a series is damaged or lost, patrons can simply compensate for that one volume (the item shall be compensated at 3 times the fixed price). However, if the original version is out of print, and the one volume in the new version fails to correspond to the rest of the original collection, patrons need to compensate for the entire series.